To access full documents and to submit your manuscripts, we ask you to register as a registered member of IRCA-BSSA. Should you choose to register, the information collected includes your E-mail address, password, organization, specialty, and country. The following are the articles of incorporation for IRCA-BSSA (excerpt). Registration and membership are free of charge.
Articles of Incorporation for the International Research and Cooperation Association for Bio & Social Sciences Advancement, a Specified Nonprofit Corporation (excerpt)
Chapter 1. General Provisions
Name: The name of this corporation shall be the International Research and Cooperation Association for Bio & Social Sciences Advancement (IRCA-BSAA).
Chapter 2. Purpose and Operations
Purpose: This Association seeks to operate by promoting research on and exchanges between highly advanced medicine and the social sciences beyond the limits of specialties and national boundaries. It seeks to cultivate and develop information networks among research and educational institutions spanning numerous fields, medical institutions, industry, and the public, and it seeks to contribute to the advancement of bio & social sciences, a form of interdisciplinary scholarship.
Operations: This Association will, in order to fulfill the purposes in Article 3, carry out the following operations related to specified nonprofit activities:
(1) Produce and manage media (a public web site, mailing list, etc.) for the international exchange of information relating to bio & social sciences
(2) Hold academic assemblies, international symposia relating to bio & social science research and information exchange, and other meetings
(3) Promote cooperative activities and exchange of information among Japanese and foreign research bodies, universities, nonprofit organizations, corporations, administrative bodies, and other organizations
(4) Publish and coordinate international academic journals relating to with relating to cutting-edge research and the latest information in bio & social sciences and related academic fields
(5) Carry out other operations needed to fulfill those purposes
Chapter 3. Membership
Types: This Association shall consist of the following 3 types of memberships, and members with Regular membership shall be considered members of the Association on the basis of the Law to Promote Specified Nonprofit Activities (denoted here as “the Law”):
(1) Regular member: As parties with insight relating to bio & social sciences, joining individuals and groups endorsing the purposes of this Association and promoting its activities
(2) Registered member: Registered individuals and groups endorsing the purposes of this Association
(3) Supporting member: Individuals and groups endorsing the purposes of this Association and supporting its operations
Admission: An individual who wishes to join the Association must apply to the Board Chairman by means of a membership application as separately stipulated by the Board Chairman, and the Board Chairman must allow admission absent any justifiable reason not to allow admission. When denying admission per the preceding item, the Board Chairman must promptly inform the individual in writing of the reason for doing so.
Admission Fees, Dues, Etc: Regular members must pay the admission fee and dues as stipulated by the Executive Director. Supporting members must pay the supporting fee as stipulated by the Executive Director. Membership fee for registered members is free of charge.
Withdrawal: A member may voluntarily withdraw from the Association by submitting a notice of withdrawal as separately stipulated by the Board Chairman to the Board Chairman.
Chapter 10. Forms of public announcements
Forms of public announcements: This Association’s public announcements shall be listed on this Association’s public web site and in this Association’s informational publications and posted on mailing lists for members of this Association.
Chapter 11. Miscellaneous Provisions
Bylaws: Bylaws necessary for the implementation of these Articles of Incorporation shall, subsequent to a decision of the Board of Directors, be stipulated by the Board Chairman.
Registration allows you to access full documents and to submit your manuscripts. Registration and membership are free of charge. Join now!